Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

Ann Colter Book

Ok, I am just going to vent on the blog and it has NOTHING to do with knitting. Now, if you all were going to send a book to me, what would the most offensive thing you could send? We are talking about a book that would probably make me wonder about our friendship. A book that simple goes to my core. I might even yell! (I did yell but I will tell that story below). Ms. Coulter's book calls Iran-Contra a "brilliant scheme" and the 911 widows "reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much." You all know that I knew people in the World Trade Center....I am just offended!

So, last night I get home to find the Ann Coulter's latest trash at my door. I was livid. Here is an article about her book...http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13227349/ I sent an email to amazon only to get a response that my email address was wrong and they couldn't help me. I have been with Amazon for about 10 years now....with the same email. My biggest mistake was to call them this morning. I got someone who wasn't understanding what I was talking about...they were definately from India...ok, I can excuse that....then he tells me that my Am/Ex card is wrong. I did get a little upset that maybe...just maybe...my account has been compromised. He told me that he would have to have someone else look at the account and it would take a week. I lost it. I asked that the account be frozen during that time. "Oh, we can't do that." "Then, please cancell my account." "Oh, I can't do that either." "Ok, what the Fuc* should I do then?" "Please don't use that language..." Click (I hung up).

So, now I am mad and go online and take all my credit cards off the site and cancell it online. Grrrr. This shouldn't be so hard. But the burning question....who sent this book? Or was it a mistake by Amazon? Amazon won't admit to the mistake....I asked them. I can't believe what poor customer service!!

Comments:
Yikes, Mary. Of all the books to just show up at your door, I can see where that would be the one most likely to offend. I hope you get it straightened out.

And for the record, this isn't a knitting blog. You should be writing about other things. We all should. :)
 
It is past 2pm and I am still PISSSSED! :::HISSSSS:::
 
Post a Comment



<< Home