Monday, June 26, 2006

 

Another Saturday Stroll

Saturday being book group day (for real, this time), I grabbed my camera again and headed out the door. It was a beautiful day, warm in the sun but cool and breezy in the shade. No sign of rain, unlike today.

I tripped over my old printer and I think I broke my toe Thursday night so I was a little worried about how I was going to make it on foot, but it wasn't too bad by yesterday. Luckily, I didn't have to go anywhere on Friday so I could give it a little rest. I'm a little relieved; this would be a bad time for me to have a serious injury, for obvious reasons. I just left a little earlier than usual so I could walk as slowly as I needed to, so I had a nice leisurely walk there and back.

I got to my corner at Roscoe and Broadway to discover the gay pride fairies had performed their annual overnight redecorating:Oh, yeah. Happy Gay Pride Parade Day!

Since there was no game today, I decided to walk down Addison to Southport.Headless Harry says "Hello from Wrigley Field!" (You can see his head in the shadow, at least.)

I don't know if you're familiar with this store, but it's been a landmark of mine since I moved to Chicago. I've always thought it looked like a really cool store. And yet, I've never been inside. Strange, huh?

This time I was able to get a reasonably decent picture of The Music Box, home of many cool movies, The Sound of Music singalong, one of the few places other than church where you can hear live organ music, and the occasional rat.

And that's pretty much how I spent the weekend. How did everyone else spend theirs?

Comments:
Well, Chicago misses you, too. I'm glad you're starting to get out there, and even if you don't accept this job, at least you know there are some out there.

I've never been that crazy about Cantonese food either, unless it's done really really well every once in a while. I'm glad there's other good stuff out there.

Can't wait to see some pictures! Bummer about the going away dinners. Guess you'll have to come back and do them all over again. :)
 
Oh my gosh! I have heard about the rice buns! I was listening to lots of talk radio this past weekend and they were talking about McDonalds and how they are different around the world. That was just a bad thing to listen to because I had to stop and get a Big Mac.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home